Wednesday, October 8, 2008

LETTING GO...even if it hurts!

My sweet little Nicole came home from school yesterday, smiling the entire walk up the drive. She was so proud to have brought her school pictures home to mama! She took her good old time getting them out of her backpack, loving the excitement from little sister and me! I was thrilled to see them and was actually quite pleased that it was actually a good picture, capturing my truly happy and (Mostly) innocent baby girls smile! It still seems a bit strange to think that Niki is actually in school every day and I think that the hardest thing for me to accept is that she is under someone else's influence for so much of her day! (Guess that's not al-together a bad thing) but any sort of change is hard for me to accept...especially letting go! When her first day of school arrived, she was so excited that I really didn't even have time to be sad. But after the bus pulled away and we walked up to the house... I didn't know what to do! Brian pulled out of the driveway, mammer left with Kamryn, and aunt Tami and cousin Gabi also left - all within a few minutes of each other. I remember still smiling as I walked back inside the front door, but by the time I made it to the kitchen, i had burst into tears! I felt so un-needed and alone and so i woke my sleeping baby and snatched him out of his bed...atleast he needed mama...right? Looking back over the past month, I actually think that I've adjusted fairly well but some mornings (like these) I just miss my baby girl!

All smiles with that Kindergarten grin


A quick picture with mommy and daddy on her first day of school

Daddy giving all of his last minute advice as they walked out to the bus


Seeing this big yellow bus drive away with my baby inside, made me want to secretely stalk the bus all the way to the school! Nothing wrong with that...is there?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

kindergarten pictures are always the cutest!!! she's adorable.

Jessi said...

What good pictures!! Chloe wants to know what # is her bus??=)

Charlotte said...

Kids do have a way of growing up...It's bittersweet :)

RosyRose said...

hey yeah Brooke a new post! I was excited to see it! Oh Brooke, I know those feelings...we know we can't hold on but the pain of letting go can feel intense!

What a beautiful picture she took! I am a control freak with the pictures because my kids have come home with way too many half smiles, lunch on the face, hair in the eyes-I don't even buy them from school anymore-if they all looked like Nicky's I would buy in a heart beat! In fact can I just order some of hers for my kids? Rose

Unknown said...

That is such a beautiful school picture. I LOVE IT!

I have had the same happen with school pictures as Rose. One year even the re-takes were bad!

This year both Jack and Isabella's pictures turned out pretty good.

Very hard to let go!!! I agree.

RosyRose said...

Hey I don't know if you ever check this but I tagged you, you need to answer 8 questions:)

RosyRose said...

hey first of all thanks for playing with me. It's never fun to play tag alone:)you r right i like this kind of tag- a lot less running! I'm kind of new at this too but i think youre supposed to just copy what i did on your own blog and tag 5 more people. preferably people who blog:)
Can't wait to see what you write...oh and about the baby, what's Brian doing anyway?

Crazy Daze said...

hot dog! I just posted my list of 8! I'm upset though...why aren't there 8 questions? Silly taggers! And for the record...Brian was sleeping. I decided to leave him alone since he typically gets up 2-3 hours before me! It's not all bad cause the next day I get to play the part of the martyr which can actually work to my advantage! HA (sure am glad that Brian does not read my blog...then he'd know all of my tricks!)

Crazy Daze said...

Silly me... I just posted a comment to myself! Supposed to go to Rose! Oops!