Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Yes...I know Christmas is over

As I was looking back on my camera today, I scanned through my Christmas pictures and decided to post a few of them. They're definitely not your traditional "Christmas" pic's, but I had fun looking at them again!


Kamryn, in one of her happiest places in the world to be...Grandma's lap! Every time the family is together, the girls will run around and play, but they always seem to end up in the same place before the day is over...Cuddling on Grandma's lap! What lucky little girls! (This pic was taken at Brian's aunt Edna's house where the Miller's celebrated Christmas)

And now on to some of goofy ones! The grandkids (on my side) got a big thrill of all going to the dollar store (weeks before Christmas) to pick out their own gifts for mammer and popper! They had no guidance whatsoever and were told to pick whatever they thought that mammer and popper would like! The gifts for mammer ranged from a porcelain doll to a cereal bowl and princess mirror. Popper's gifts started out as somewhat useful...tools, mouse traps, wood glue...and then came Jarett's gift. Jarett (5 years old and hailing from Iowa) is the youngest of 4 who has learned that the best way to get attention is to make everyone laugh! He gave popper what he described as "Bling-Bling" and yes...he did make us all laugh! Popper proudly wore his goft for the rest of the night!
Uncle Chris hanging out with his little buddie (Ethan) who, of course, needed to wear his Iowa shirt to please his big cousins!
And last, but not least of my favorite Christmas pictures, is this one! Nicole insisted that this is the card that she wanted to get for her daddy! After trying (and failing) to steer her in a different direction, this is the card that we left the store with! Daddy (who has a similar sense of humor as Niki) was well pleased with her choice and thanked her! (The inside of this card reads..."Hope your Christmas is all it's cracked up to be!" For those of you who missed it, take a good look again at Santa's back side!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute card, I think your kids get their sense of humor from their mama. :)

Jessi said...

I like Poppers Bling Bling!!! What fun post. Looking forward to Saturday.=) I do not tell you often enough how much you mean to me...thanks for being my "sister" Friend.

Unknown said...

Seems to me you would have some exciting news to blog about. Get busy sister.